- The Lies BBC And CNN Want Us To Believe About The Ebola Epidemic
- An Introduction And Anatomy Of A False Ebola Article
- New Man-Made Disease After Ebola May Be Blamed On Chewing Stick
- Evidence that the military is responsible for chemical and biological agents
- Mycotoxin Biological Weapon In Rwanda And The Shoddy Research By The Makerere University
VALLEY COTTAGE, May 31, 2018 /PRNewswire/ —
The scientific name of licorice root is derived from ‘glukos’, which means sweet and ‘riza’, which means root. This type of sweet root comprises glycyrrhizin, a type of compound that has the ability to be almost 50 times sweeter than sugar. Licorice is a kind of perennial herb that is native to the Mediterranean and it has been prized for its medicinal properties for centuries now. Historically, the use of licorice extract has been documented in Egyptian papyri and Assyrian clay tablets as well. It can be claimed that owing to the benefits associated with licorice root, it has been a preferred and popular herb for decades now.
(Logo: https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/677274/Future_Market_Insights_Logo.jpg )
Request a Sample Report with Table of Contents and Figures: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-3135
Insights suggest that owing to the health benefits associated with licorice root, its application across several industries and different sectors under the parent industry verticals is increasing by the day. The growing demand for a type of Chinese herbal medicine that uses licorice for its manufacturing has triggered high demand for licorice root. This trend is expected to retain its place in the coming years, thereby impelling manufacturers to adopt new strategies. Companies operating in the market are collaborating with agricultural land owners for the development of cultivated licorice root owing to the over-harvesting of wild licorice roots. Moreover, several products such as confectionery are also being developed with licorice as a key ingredient. As a result of the rising demand, many licorice producing countries in Central Asia are focussing on securing land for the purposes of harvesting. On the other hand, leading companies are entering into partnerships with harvesters to secure the steady production of licorice in the near future as procurement is likely to become difficult with the incessant depletion of natural resources.
With these trends gaining traction, a report published by Future Market Insights (FMI) states that the global licorice root market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.1% from 2018 to 2028. In 2017, the global licorice root market was worth US$ 669.4 Mn and is expected to rise to a valuation of US$ 1,159.8 Mn by the end of 2028.
Preview Analysis on Global Licorice Root Market Sgementation By Product Form-Roots, Extracts: Blocks, Powder, Paste, Others; End Use-Food & Beverage Industry, Tobacco Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Cosmetic Industry, Dietary Supplements: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/licorice-root-market
Spurring Demand for Chinese Herbal Medicine to Trigger Sales of Licorice Root
In the last few years, there has been a growing demand for Chinese herbal medicine, mainly in Europe and the U.S. Approximately, 70% of the raw material that is used in several Chinese herbal medicines is licorice root and its extract. Owing to the rise in the use oriental medicine, the market for Chinese herbal medicine is fast gaining prominence and is expected to stay consistent in the coming years. At present, Japan is one of the leading consumers of Chinese herbal medicine. The market for licorice is expected to expand to regions such as Africa in the coming years. This trend is anticipated to accelerate the adoption of licorice root in the near future.
Overharvesting of Licorice Root and Resource Depletion to Negatively Impact Global Market Growth
Being a wild crop and sourced from natural habitats, the availability of licorice root is very low. The widespread demand for licorice has outgrown its supply and overharvesting has led to resource depletion. In order to address this, governments across the globe have undertaken measures to prevent licorice root from depletion and also to balance the price points in the global market.
Our advisory services are aimed at helping you with specific, customised insights that are relevant to your specific challenges. Let us know about your challenges and our trusted advisors will connect with you: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/askus/rep-gb-3135
More from FMI’s Food and Beverages Market Intelligence:
- Non-dairy Yogurt Market Segmentation By Product- Soy Yogurt, Almond Yogurt, Coconut Yogurt, Others; End Use- HORECA, Household; Distribution Channel- Direct Sales, Indirect Sales, Modern Trade, Convenience Store, Specialty Store, E-Retailers, Other Retail Formats: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/non-dairy-yogurt-market
- Infant Nutritional Premix Market Segmentation By By Form- Powder, Liquid; Ingredient Type- Vitamins, Minerals, Nucleotides, Amino Acids, Others; Function- Bone Health, Immunity, Digestion, Vision Health, Brain Health & Memory, Others:https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/infant-nutritional-premix-market
- Soluble Fiber Market Segmentation By Product Type- Inulin, Polydextrose, Pectin and Gums, Beta-glucan, Resistant starch, Wheat dextrin, Other Product Types; Source- Oats, Barley, Flax seeds, Dried Beans and Peas, Citrus Fruits, Carrot, Other Sources; Application- Bakery, Beverages, Cereals, Dairy Products, Nutrition and health supplements, Other Applications: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/soluble-fiber-market
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading market intelligence and consulting firm. We deliver syndicated research reports, custom research reports and consulting services which are personalized in nature. FMI delivers a complete packaged solution, which combines current market intelligence, statistical anecdotes, technology inputs, valuable growth insights and an aerial view of the competitive framework and future market trends.
Browse More Food and Beverages Market Insights
616 Corporate Way, Suite 2-9018,
Valley Cottage, NY 10989,
T (UK): + 44 (0) 20 7692 8790
Press Office: Press@futuremrketinsights.com
FMI Blog: http://www.fmiblog.com/
SOURCE Future Market Insights